Barends Psychology Practice Treatment FAQs
Here you find answers to frequently asked questions. If, by any chance, your question is still not answered, please don’t hesitate and send us an e-mail or a text. We will answer your questions within 36 hours.
How many sessions do I need?
- Usually eight to fifteen hourly sessions are needed for treatment, depending on the needs of the client. In more specific cases short treatment of two to five sessions could be sufficient. In case a client opts for long-term therapy further sessions over a longer period of time can be scheduled for a successful treatment. At the end of the first session we discuss the number of sessions you may need, without any commitment.
What does treatment involve?
- This is different in every type of therapy. In CBT, ACT and ST it is common to have assignments and practise alone inbetween the sessions. During the sessions psycho-education is provided and we will practise using different techniques. In EMDR there are rarely any assignments and the therapist does not have to know all the details of the traumatic event in order for the therapy to be effective.
How will you treat my information?
- Any information that you give to the therapist will be treated with respect and privacy. Information about the you is strictly confidential, and will only be disclosed to third parties with your written consent. Only the law can force a therapist to disclose information about you. I have to inform the authorities if I believe someone is risk of self-harm and you are not informing the authorities yourself.
I am struggling with something, but I am not sure I need therapy. What would your advice be?
- Sometimes you struggle with something for a while and you do not know what to do, or who to turn to. A professional therapist may be able to guide you through your struggles and give you good advice on how to deal with this situation and similar ones in the future. If you feel like it, you can schedule me for a session. This is probably the first session and thus free of charge. Perhaps you only need that single session to be able to move forward.
How do I select a collaborating therapist?
- Each counselor offers his or her services in their native language. In case you prefer to be treated by a certain therapist, please mention their name in the contact form and we will make sure that your preferred therapist receives your message.
Invoices, complaints and such.
- Collaborating therapists send their own invoices and are responsible for the quality of their own services, and their appointments with you. In case you have a complaint about one of the counselors, please let Barends Psychology Practice know about it.
Barends Psychology Practice is not responsible for the services and behaviour of our collaborators. In case of a lawsuit, contact the respective therapist.
Barends Psychology Practice is responsible for the employees working for Barends Psychology Practice (at the moment: Niels and Maja).
How do I pay for my sessions?
- After the first, free of charge, session you will receive an invoice for the next session by e-mail. This session needs to be paid up front unless you’ve made an arrangement with me. You can pay with Credit Card, Bank account and PayPal. I don’t accept checks. On the invoice you’ll find the session fee (amount with and without VAT), the amount of sessions, the session date and the following information about me and my company:
- Barends Psychology Practice s.p.
- Kunaverjeva 8
- 1000 Ljubljana
- CoC: 6936857000
- Tax number: 62781383
- Bank Account IBAN: Ask.